Do you know of any phenomenal moms blogging in the Greater Toronto Area? We want to know who writes your favourite Toronto mom blog.
We’re putting together a list of the most Favourite 30 Blogs by Toronto Moms. This list will then be put to vote to you – our dear Toronto Mom Now readers – who will choose which mom is the mother of them all!
How to Qualify:
1. Site needs to be a blog. You probably know what qualifies as a blog, but just in case you don’t, we’re going with the Wikipedia definition: “a type of web site, usually maintained by an individual with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. Entries are commonly displayed in reverse-chronological order.”
2. The blog needs to be primarily written by a mom. The blog can have several guest or regular contributors, but the main owner of the blog must be a mom.
3. The mom needs to live in the Greater Toronto Area. Check out what cities and municipalities qualify.
4. Topics can vary. Blogs with classic “mommy blog” material can be submitted, along with really anything else – so long as it’s not illegal, pornographic or about gambling or anything, but I’m sure you probably guessed that part.
5. The blog can be corporate. If you know of a witty mom entrepreneur blog that’s part of a larger company, feel free to submit it.
6. The blog has to be well-established (a few months old), well written and designed, as well as updated on a semi-regular basis (at least a couple times a week).
7. Both blogs with their own domain name or one hosted with WordPress, Blogger or another service (e.g. fabulousblogname.wordpress.com) are acceptable.
8. TorontoMomNow.com reserves the right to decide who will and won’t be on the Favourite 30 list. Along with some of the ones you nominate, we’ll also be adding ones that we feel should be added to the list.
How to Nominate:
1. Submit your favourite blogs by clicking on this form.
2. Be sure to say why you think the blog should be included.
3. Nominate as many as you want. There are no limitations of how many you can add.
4. Self nomination and shameless promotion are ok – and in fact invited and encouraged!
1. Nomination period: May 1st to May 16th, 2012
2. Editorial period. We’ll be publishing profiles on TorontoMomNow.com: May 21st to May 25th, 2012.
3. Voting period. You get to vote on your choice of the Favourite 30: May 29th to June 4th, 2012.
4. Winner Announced: June 5th, 2012.
What the Winner Gets:
A gift pack prize over $100. We’ll be announcing details shortly.
And of course bragging rights!!Nominate now!