Last year, we held our inaugural search for our Top 30 Toronto Mom Bloggers. This is our chance to honour the city’s amazing mom bloggers. At our sister site VancouverMom.ca we’ve been doing this since 2010, and each year we discover more and more fabulous moms. We know that Toronto moms are every bit as fabulous, so we’re excited to be launching our second search in this city. But we’re not the experts, you are. So we’re asking you to tell us about your favourites. Which Toronto mom bloggers top your must-read list? Whose posts make you laugh, cry, think – or all three? Who helps to connect you a little bit more deeply to what it means to be a Toronto mom? Submit your Toronto mom blogger nominations, and let us know.
Mom Blogger Eligibility
Not just anyone is eligible to be named one of Toronto’s Top 30 Mom Bloggers. Here are the details on who you can nominate:
- We accept only new nominees. If your favourite mom blogger was already recognized in 2012, we know she’s fabulous, but she’s not eligible this year.
- The bloggers need to be moms, and they must live in the Greater Toronto Area. Check out what cities and municipalities qualify.
- The blogs must be active, with regular posts.
- Nominated blogs do not need to be about motherhood or parenting. We know moms blog about all sorts of things, from cooking to politics to travel to home improvement. What’s important isn’t the subject matter, but that the personality of the blogger shines through.
- Business blogs are eligible, but once again, the personality of the blogger should shine through.
- Self-nominations are allowed. Scratch that, self-nominations are encouraged.
- We’re nominating individual moms, so group blogs are not eligible. However, we are willing to make exceptions for blogs with two authors, provided both are Toronto moms, and neither has been honoured in the past.
Here’s how this is going to go down:
- June 3-16, 2013 – Nominating Period
- June 24-July 4, 2013 – We’ll profile our Top 30
- July 5-19, 2013 – Voting opens for the top overall amazing Toronto mom blogger
We really want to honour all of our Top 30 Toronto Mom Bloggers. However, only one can be our top overall mom blogger. In addition to bragging rights, which are priceless, the winner of that title will receive a grand prize worth $650 including:
- Chocolates for one year from Purdy’s. Valued at $350.
- A facial and special gift from Harmony Eco Spa, because all moms can use a little bit of pampering. Valued at $150
- A three month membership to Spark Play, an out of the box experience for busy parents who want to connect with their children but find it hard to find the time. Valued at $90
- One month of weekly staples from DonateNaturally.com. The prize includes one litre of Harmony organic milk, one loaf of Brick St bread and one dozen free run eggs every week for four weeks. Plus, if you order your organic groceries online for delivery with DonateNaturally.com they donate 15% of every order to the cause of your choice. Fundraise while you shop! Valued at $60.
Nominate Your Favourite Toronto Mom Blogger
Nominations are now closed.
Now, what are you waiting for? Start nominating!