In early June you nominated your favourite Toronto mom bloggers for our 2013 Top 30 Toronto Mom Bloggers honours. We reviewed them, narrowed them down to our Top 30, and introduced them all to you. These fabulous women join our 2012 Top Toronto Mom Bloggers, and we’re thrilled to recognize each one of them. But just for fun, we gave you a chance to vote for your favourite mom bloggers on our list. More than 1000 votes were cast, and we’re pleased to announce that our winner is Stephanie Lareau of Stylebystef!
Top Toronto Mom Blogger Stephanie Lareau
In the end, more than 1000 votes were cast, and almost one in five of them went to Setphanie. She held her lead throughout the voting period, but since our results were secret until voting ended she had no idea that she was winning. Here’s what she had to say when we told her:
[box style=”rounded”]The mom blogger community is an amazing network! I am so humbled and honoured to have been selected as the top mom blogger amongst some of the most talented, creative (and multi tasking) moms in the GTA! Thank you![/box]
2013 Runners Up
Stephanie wasn’t the only blogger who received your support. A few other members of our 2013 Top 30 Toronto Mom Bloggers list stood out. Runners-up in the voting were:
Runners up in the voting were:
- Mishi Methven of Stella Joy – Mishi Methven came in a very close second in the voting, and after visiting her blog it’s easy to see why. She started writing in June 2010, when her two year old daughter was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. She shares, “Stella’s story is not a sad story, although there are certainly sad parts to it. It’s really a life story, a love story. On days when we, as mothers, forget why it is we do all we do, I invite you to learn about Stella. A remarkable little girl who continues to teach me how to parent, even eight months after she died in my arms.”
- Meryl Witkin of AfterMom.com – Meryl’s blog provides inspiration and advice from experts to motivate women to reconnect with who they are outside of their role as Mom; to pursue their own goals and dreams, and perhaps discover a few new ones along the way. Meryl is passionate about helping women make time for themselves and ensuring they remember to put themselves first, at least sometimes!
- Vinma Joseph of A Momless Mom – When Vinma is not advising people on their insurance needs, you’ll find her blogging passionately about her kids and her life, which she lived without a mom for as long as she can remember. She chronicles the deja vu she feels when she confronts herself in her children, the abandonment that still tears her soul from her own long lost mom and the joys of motherhood that very much outweigh the grief. She also writes about her perspectives on raising children as someone who was born in India and lived there for the first 26 years of her life.
Top 30 Toronto Mom Bloggers
We’d like to honour and celebrate each and every one of our 2013 Top Toronto Mom Bloggers. During the nomination and voting period we could tell that you really love them. Now we love them, too.
- Lena Almeida, Listen to Lena
- Katia Bishops, IAMTHEMILK
- Jowita Bydlowska, JowitaBydlowska.com
- Daniela Duriavig, Lifeovereasy
- Julie Elsdon-Height, Sober Julie
- Amber Gameiro, SaltTree
- Shari Goss, The Knit Wit by Shair
- Iva Grbesic, One Chic Mom
- Sarah Huggins, (Cooking for) Kiwi & Bean
- Vinma Joseph, A Momless Mom
- Stephanie Lareau, Stylebystef
- Christy Laverty, FrecklesMom
- Cheryl Leung, Kids On A Plane
- Jeni Marinucci, highly irritable
- Ali Martell, Cheaper Than Therapy
- Mishi Methven, Stella Joy
- Christella Morris, Crawl the Line
- Amy Morrison, Pregnant Chicken
- Sarah Newcomb, Sleeping Is For Losers
- Dannyelle Nicolle-Ramjist, Life is a Party
- Hollie Pollard, CommonCentsMom
- Catherine Romano, sweet spectacle
- Rebecca Ruddle, Brain-Dead Mom
- Holly Sisson, Holly Sisson Photography
- Janice Smith, Fitness Cheerleader
- Laura Watts, Double Take Organizing
- Emma Waverman, Embrace the Chaos
- Emma Willer, Where there’s a Willer
- Meryl Witkin, AfterMom.com
- Lyndsay, ourfeministplayschool
As our winner, Stephanie will be receiving a grand prize worth $650 including:
- Chocolates for one year from Purdy’s. Valued at $350.
- A facial and special gift from Harmony Eco Spa, because all moms can use a little bit of pampering. Valued at $150
- A three month membership to Spark Play, an out of the box experience for busy parents who want to connect with their children but find it hard to find the time. Valued at $90
- One month of weekly staples from DonateNaturally.com. The prize includes one litre of Harmony organic milk, one loaf of Brick St bread and one dozen free run eggs every week for four weeks. Plus, if you order your organic groceries online for delivery with DonateNaturally.com they donate 15% of every order to the cause of your choice. Fundraise while you shop! Valued at $60.